Tuesday 23 June 2009

dr who quotes second doctor

The Moonbase [4.6]
The Doctor: There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible things. Things that act against everything we believe in. They must be fought!

Jamie: Oh no Phantom Piper! Please don't take me-

The Faceless Ones [4.8]
Jamie: Ooh, it's a flyin' beastie!

The Evil of the Daleks [4.9]
The Doctor: I am not a student of human nature. I am a professor of a far wider academy of which human nature is merely a part.

Season 5
The Tomb of the Cybermen [5.1]
The Doctor: You look very nice in that dress, Victoria.
Victoria: Thank you. Don't you think it's a bit...
The Doctor: A bit short? Oh, I shouldn't worry about that. Look at Jamie's.

[The Doctor reassures Victoria, who is missing her deceased father]
The Doctor: I have to really want to, to bring them back in front of my eyes. The rest of the time they... sleep in my mind and I forget. And so will you.

The Doctor: Well now I know you're mad, I just wanted to make certain.

The Cyber Controller: We will survive.

The Cyber Controller: You belong to us. You shall be like us.
The Professor: How did you know we would release you? You could have remained frozen forever.
The Cyber Controller: The humanoid mind. You are inquisitive.
The Doctor: Ah, I see. A trap. A very special sort of trap too.
The Professor: What do you mean special trap?
The Doctor: They wanted superior intellects. Thats why they made the trap so complicated!
The Cyber Controller: We knew that somebody like you would come to our planet someday.
The Doctor: Yes. We've done exactly as you calculated, haven't we?
The Cyber Controller: Now you belong to us.

The Doctor: The power cable generated an electrical field and confused their tiny metal minds. You might almost say they've had a complete metal breakdown.

The Doctor: Jamie, remind me to give you a lesson in tying knots, sometime.

The Doctor: The best thing about a machine that makes sense is you can very easily make it turn out nonsense.

The Abominable Snowmen [5.2]
Jamie: Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?
The Doctor: Yes, Jamie, I believe I have.
Jamie: What are you going to do?
The Doctor: Bung a rock at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home